Inside the Beltline (ITB) Raleigh
The Heart of North Carolina's State Capital: A Vibrant & Growing Area
Teeming with cultural and entertainment opportunities but retaining a close-knit, community feel, Inside the Beltline (ITB) Raleigh is a unique area that's attracting more residents and businesses every year. The thriving community is the perfect blend of beauty and progression and has managed to maintain an abundance of urban green spaces in the midst of rapid growth. Also known as the City of Oaks, the streets of downtown Raleigh are lined with lovely oak trees. Plus, since Raleigh is just a few hours from both ocean beaches and beautiful mountains, it's both a vacation destination and the starting point to a convenient weekend getaway.
A Quick Lesson in ITB Raleigh Geography
Inside the Beltline refers to the area in Raleigh inside the loop created by I-440 and I-40, which encircle Raleigh. This includes areas such as Downtown Raleigh, Glenwood South, Cameron Village, North Hills, Five Points, and many other communities.
ITB Raleigh Real Estate For Sale By Price
Search Homes for Sale in ITB Raleigh
There’s an easier way to keep up with new listings in Inside the Beltline Raleigh. Save your searches, save favorite properties, and sign up for new listing alerts by creating your personal Property Organizer account today.
Selling Your ITB Raleigh Home?
Selling a home in Inside the Beltline Raleigh? We can help! Learn more about listing your home with Jennifer Jones, including the tools and resources we offer our sellers, our marketing strategies, and our featured listings.
Discover Your Home's Worth
Market Value of
Please tell us a little about your property.
Where should we send your results?
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide some information about yourself!
One of our team members will be sure to reach out after having time to review your information.
Downtown Raleigh to Cary: 15 mins
Downtown Raleigh to Durham: 32 mins
Closest Airport: Raleigh-Durham International Airport
Major Highways: I-40, I-440, US-401, US-70
Population (2017): 464,758
Average Home Value: $225,000
Zip Codes:27601, 27603, 27604, 27605, 27606, 27607, 27608, 27609, 27610
Spotlights of ITB Raleigh
Conveniently located in the heart of the Triangle, the Inside the Beltline area is central to everything that Raleigh and neighboring cities have to offer. The Triangle is a hot spot for growth and employment and is home to thriving technology, healthcare and education industries. Major roadways such as I-40, I-440, I-540, RT 1, RT 64 and RT 70 quickly connect residents to nearby cities including Cary, Durham, and Chapel Hill. RDU International Airport, Research Triangle Park, and I-95 are also only a short drive away, allowing everything from daily commutes to international travel plans to unfold seamlessly.
We love the restaurants around ITB Raleigh! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Beasley's Chicken & Honey: Enjoy a twist on Southern classics in a stylish, modern setting. Beasley's Chicken & Honey is one of the Raleigh's most esteemed restaurants and never disappoints.
- Sitti: If you've never had Lebanese, you're in for a real treat. The authentic Lebanese cuisine at Sitti is made fresh in house daily, and will satisfy an assortment of tastes (including vegetarian!).
- NOFO: Get ready to pig out! This quaint restaurant is located in a renovated Piggly Wiggly, hence the pig theme. It has award-winning food and eclectic decor. It also features a gift store and food market.
- Bida Manda: This Laotian restaurant and bar offers excellent service, delightful cocktails, and delicious food. Don't let the exotic food scare you: Laotian food has influences from Southeast Asia.
- Jose & Sons: Inspired by both Mexican and Southern American cuisine, Jose & Sons offers a inventive and delicious menu. They also support the local community, and the local community supports them back—they're finalists for "Best of the Triangle."
Pizza, Pubs & Brews
Even more than great restaurants, we love great hangout spots! Take a look at some of ITB Raleigh's best pubs, bars, and microbreweries:
- Trophy Brewing: It's hard to decide what's better - the fresh, savory pizza options or the innovative beers brewed on site. Regardless, pizza and beer pair perfectly together. Add friendly service and patio dining and you're the real winner here.
- Raleigh Times: American pub grub and microbrew hot spot by day, and exciting, lively party spot by night. The rooftop bar overlooks the most happening area in Downtown Raleigh.
- Humble Pie: Try eclectic tapas dishes and brunch options in Raleigh's historic warehouse district. The patio seating and tiki bar is perfect for warm weather.
Arts & Culture
Inside the Beltline, you can find everything from charming boutiques and independent shops to art galleries and world-class dining establishments. Other nearby attractions that are within walking distance or a short drive include:
- NC Museum of Natural Sciences
- NC Museum of History
- North Carolina State Capitol
- Red Hat Amphitheater
- PNC Arena - Home of the Carolina Hurricanes!
- North Hills
- Crabtree Valley Mall
- Cameron Village
- Pullen Park
- NC State University
- and much, much more!
Things To Do Around ITB Raleigh
What You'll LOVE about ITB Raleigh
The City of Oaks is the capital of North Carolina, and there’s a bounty of fun things to do Inside the Beltline! Whether you choose to spend time wandering around Downtown Raleigh or out and about in Pullen Park, you can be sure that you’ll never be bored in the City of Oaks. Ranked as one of the top places for young people to live, ITB Raleigh living has the perfect balance of work and play.
Live in the city... but escape to the great outdoors at a moment's notice! Inside the Beltline, you'll find tons of great parks and trails, like Pullen Park on the North Carolina State campus or Lake Johnson on the southwestern edge of the inner Beltline. There are golf courses, like Lonnie Poole and Carolina Country Club, and even beautiful gardens, like the WRAL Azalea Garden. And just a short drive away, you can really escape to the great outdoors at Umstead State Park or Jordan Lake.
The City of Raleigh is proud to be served by the Wake County Public School System. Not only is it an award winning school district, but it has also been recognized by Forbes Magazine as a great place to raise children. In Raleigh, you can be sure that the students are molded into becoming learners for life.
The beautiful thing about real estate in Raleigh is that there is something for absolutely everyone. Housing options Inside the Beltline range from quaint condominiums to multimillion dollar homes, and everything in between. Residences in this diverse area range in architectural style, age, size, price, and proximity to the city—there's something to suit every lifestyle and budget.
The Only Thing Missing is You!
Contact me, Jen Jones, and my team of Wake County real estate experts today to find out more about what life is like Inside the Beltline. We’ll take the time to answer all of your questions about specific neighborhoods in this community, as well as homes for sale. For your convenience, we have provided a variety of resources for home buyers, including tips for finding your dream home in Wake County.
We Can Get A Great Price for Your ITB Raleigh Home
Are you considering listing your property in Raleigh? We’re happy to help! Find staging tips, determine what your home is worth, view local Wake County real estate sold reports and more on our seller's real estate resource page. List with Jen Jones for a smooth and painless sale.